My second grader has to do at least ten minutes of reading for school every night. If he averages this amount of time at the end of the month, in return he gets a coupon for free kids' meal at Culver's. Not bad, huh?
Well, I have no promises of fast food to entice you, but here are some suggestions for good reading in case you are interested.
Greg Boyd is starting a series on his blog about violence and genocide in the Old Testament. Looks like good stuff!! Boyd is one of the few apologists that doesn't make me want to bang my head on a brick wall, so I'm super excited to read his thoughts on this subject.
Also, Doug Pagitt rolled out his new web site and has posted excerpts of his new book, A Christianity Worth Believing In. I had the opportunity to read the book ... it is awesome and gives me hope. Some people think Pagitt is amazing. The rest probably think he is a hell-bound heretic. I happen to fall into the former category. But regardless of where you fall, he certainly makes for interesting reading.
