2.03.2008

pretty

I'm an Obama girl. Trent bought me his book last year for Mother's Day and I loved it. And I know it's beyond passe to say so, but I think he is intelligent and inspiring, and I am officially politically smitten.

That being said, I started liking Edwards a little during the 04 elections. He is a bit pretty (and there were those rumors of $400 haircuts), a little too politico-smooth, and his speeches sometimes got kind of Hallmark-movie-channelesque in the heartstring tugging. But I agreed with many of his positions. In particular, I appreciated his views on poverty being a central moral issue (yes, a bit ironic from someone rumored to spend what could feed a family of four for a month on haircuts, but nevertheless ...) and all the work he and his wife have done in this area.

I know he's not in the running anymore. But I came across this video of him primping before an interview and it was so funny. You've probably seen it before, but if not check it out. It's so very amusing.