Trent got me listening to the Nick & Josh Podcast. If you haven't heard these guys, do check them out. You can subscribe to their podcast for free on itunes. They interview people like Marcus Borg, Brian McLaren, Doug Pagitt and that guy who wrote A Year of Living Biblically. Good stuff.
I like their podcast, but I've become rather addicted to their blogs (is it odd to be addicted to a stranger's blog? I suspect it kind of is ... but what what can you do?). Last night I came upon this post. Here's a quote:
"When we use terms like unbeliever, we are making a deliberate choice to define and label someone so that it makes it easier for us to categorize them and consequently draw the line that proves they are OUT. We are not defining ourselves in relationship to people as friends and as humans, but are defining ourselves in relationship to US being IN and THEM being OUT.
And maybe it’s only me but I’m just crazy enough to believe in a God who is comprehensive enough to not expect everyone to be at the same point as me in order for them to be IN. Even defining myself as being at on a point is extremely limiting. God is not ponticular and linear. And even when I say “as me“, I’m still defining people in relationship to me."
Okay, he totally lost me on ponticular. But how great is that?
